As part of the Marshes Shopping Centre’s Sustainability Charter, we recognise that environmental impacts are created as a result of our activities, and that we have a responsibility to our customers and local community to manage these appropriately.
We aim to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and to operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
The Marshes Shopping Centre is committed to:
- Implementing an Environmental Management System in line with BS8555.
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and other requirements.
- Preventing pollution wherever possible and practicable by developing non-polluting techniques and practices.
- Improving the awareness and understanding of environmental issues amongst employees, contractors, tenants and visitors.
- Continually improving our environmental performance by setting objectives and targets
Objectives and targets shall be set to:
- Reduce our carbon footprint.
- Minimise the consumption of electricity and natural gas.
- Promote the reduction, re-use and recycling of our waste.
- Ensuring safe and efficient storage and disposal of all waste
This policy is publicly available and is communicated to all employees via training and notice boards.
Corporate Social Responsibility Corporate Social Responsibility Policy